For Immediate Release
Sept. 21, 2010
The University of Alaska will award undergraduate scholarships of up to $1,000 each to qualified full-time new and continuing students in the disciplines of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The Alaska Space Grant Program undergraduate scholarship, a competitive process, has a submission deadline of Oct. 29, 2010. Applications are available at: http://spacegrant.alaska.edu. An essay, student resume, transcripts and one letter of recommendation are required for each application.
Qualifications for applicants:
- Must be a full-time student in good academic standing;
- Must be formally admitted into a degree-seeking program in a STEM discipline field;
- Applications are ranked based on students interested in NASA-related STEM career goals;
- Must be an incoming or continuing student at any University of Alaska campus;
- And must be a United States citizen.
For more information about the Alaska Space Grant Program undergraduate scholarship, please contact Mary Franklin at the Alaska Space Grant Program at 907/474-7942 or email her at email@example.com.