SCA’s NPS Academy: Alaska is an innovative, experiential learning program designed to introduce undergraduate and graduate students, ages 18-35, from under-represented communities to career opportunities with the National Park Service.
“To enhance professional and organizational excellence in the next century, the National Park Service must recruit and retain a workforce that reﬂects the diversity of the nation.” —A Call to Action, 2013
Interns attend a week-long orientation over spring break and serve in 12-week summer internships tailored to various NPS career tracks. Summer internships are available in a variety of fields, including visitor services, education, resource management – and many more!
- Total package of up to $3,260 that includes: travel allowance, weekly living allowance, and housing
- Eligible for AmeriCorps Education Award
- Assigned NPS mentor
- Hands-on experience
- Additional career preparation and ongoing support
- Internship hours will count toward Public Land Corps hiring authority eligibility.
- US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Alaska Residents, Alaskans living outside of Alaska, or students in Alaska
- 18-35 years old (preference given to currently enrolled students)
- Available for spring break orientation and summer internship
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- All majors and levels of outdoor experience welcome