It may feel like winter will never end, but summer is on its way! If you or someone you know is planning to attend school this summer, be sure to mark your calendar for Doyon Foundation’s summer basic scholarship deadline. Applications must be received by Friday, March 15 at 5 p.m.
Part-time students are eligible to receive an $800 basic scholarship and full-time students can receive a $1,200 basic scholarship. To be considered part-time, students must be enrolled in 3 to 11 credits (or 2 to 8 credits for graduate students). Full-time students are those enrolled in 12 or more credits (9 or more credits for graduate students).
Remember that our basic scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so get your application in early!
To be eligible for a Doyon Foundation scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled to Doyon, Limited or be the child of an original enrollee
- Be accepted to an accredited college, university, technical or vocational school
- Meet our minimum GPA requirements
- Be enrolled in the required minimum number of credits
Students should apply through our online scholarship portal, available on our website. First time using the new system? See our step-by-step instructions on how to create a new account. Questions on the application process? Check out our tutorial on how to apply for a scholarship.
To apply for a summer basic scholarship, you will need to submit:
- Basic scholarship online application
- Proof of academic enrollment (Summer class schedule, plus document showing current degree program and field of study
- Transcripts (keep reading – more on this below!)
We always get a lot of questions about transcripts: Do I need to submit them? Do they need to be official or unofficial? What is the deadline? Here’s what you need to know:
- Official transcripts only need to be submitted once per academic year (which runs August through July).
- If you’re a “new” student (in other words, you didn’t receive a fall 2018 or spring 2019 scholarship), then you need to submit official transcripts by the March 15 deadline.
- If you’re a “returning” student (meaning you received a fall 2018 or spring 2019 scholarship), you can submit unofficial transcripts. We know you won’t have transcripts for the spring semester by March 15, so the deadline for you to submit them is May 10, 2019.
It is very important to log in to your student account before the scholarship application deadline to check that you have submitted all the required materials. (Put a reminder on your calendar now!)
We also encourage you to review our scholarship resource handbook for all the details on transcripts, eligibility and application requirements. You are also welcome to give us a call or send us an email anytime – we are here to help!
Remember – the deadline to apply for a summer 2019 basic scholarship is Friday, March 15! If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or 907.459.2048.