There are two seats available on the Doyon Foundation competitive scholarship review committee. One reviewer must be from a rural community in the Doyon region. Individuals interested in giving back and helping students achieve their full potential are encouraged to consider serving on this important committee, which reviews, evaluates and scores student competitive scholarship applications. Applications are due by Friday, May 7, 2021, at 5 p.m. Apply online here.
To qualify for this position, candidates must:
- Submit a current resume.
- Be a Doyon shareholder.
- Be age 18 or older.
- Value and support higher education.
- Be committed to serve a three-year term.
- Have an internet-accessible computer with recent version of web browser installed (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera).
- Attend an orientation in June via teleconference.
- Spend 30 – 40 hours reviewing, evaluating and scoring all competitive scholarship applications online via the Doyon Foundation website.
- Attend a one-day teleconference meeting in July/August to award the scholarships.
- Meet with Doyon Foundation administration to review and recommend competitive scholarship policy changes.
Please note that per IRS regulations, committee members cannot be employees of the Doyon Family of Companies or Doyon Foundation. Board members are also not eligible to serve on the committee. Also note that service on the scholarship review committee is on a voluntary basis.
Interested candidates should complete and submit the online candidate application, as well as a current resume, by Friday, May 7, 2021, at 5 p.m. The Doyon Foundation board of directors will select the new committee members at their next regularly scheduled meeting.
Help us spread the word about this opportunity by posting and sharing our flyer!
For more information, please contact the Doyon Foundation at 907.459.2048 or firstname.lastname@example.org.