We are seeking individuals interested in serving on our competitive scholarship review committee, which reviews, evaluates and scores student competitive award applications. There are two regular seats and two alternate seats open for the 2023 – 2025 term. Eligible individuals interested in giving back and helping students achieve their full potential are encouraged to consider serving on this important committee! Applications are due by Friday, April 21, 2023, at 5 p.m. AKDT.
To qualify to serve on the competitive scholarship review committee, applicants must:
- Be a Doyon shareholder.
- Be age 18 or older.
- Submit a current resume.
- Value and support higher education.
- Be committed to serve a three-year term, from 2023 – 2025.
- Have an internet-accessible computer with recent version of web browser installed (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera).
- Attend an orientation in June via teleconference.
- Spend 30 – 40 hours reviewing, evaluating and scoring all competitive award applications online via the Doyon Foundation website.
- Attend a one-day teleconference meeting in July/August to award the scholarships.
- Meet with Doyon Foundation administration to review and recommend competitive award policy changes.
Please note that per IRS regulations, committee members cannot be employees of the Doyon Family of Companies or Doyon Foundation. Board members are also not eligible to serve on the committee. Also note that service on the scholarship review committee is on a voluntary basis.
Interested candidates should complete and submit the online application, as well as a current resume, by Friday, April 21, 2023, at 5 p.m. AKDT. The Doyon Foundation board of directors will select the new committee members at their next regularly scheduled meeting.
For more information, please contact Jordan Tindall, office administrator, at 907.459.2048 or firstname.lastname@example.org.